“Wild food is the ultimate in ‘local’ and ‘seasonal’ produce, and historically has always been a source of food for country people. Foraging re-awakens your senses so you gain a greater appreciation of your environment,and your place in the natural cycles and rhythms of life.
On this one-day course you’ll uncover a secret world of unique edible possibilities around Edinburgh, and discover…
- How to identify wild edible plants
- Learn to cook, prepare and preserve these plants
- Be immersed in their mystery, history and folklore
- As well as how to forage sustainably, safety guidelines, and the law
- Wild Dining Room: After the forage you will return to Wedgwood the Restaurant to enjoy a sumptuous three course gourmet wild food luncheon prepared and cooked by Edinburgh’s leading-edge chef Paul Wedgwood, whose highly acclaimed restaurant has been voted Restaurant of the Year 2011 for the second year running.”
For full details on the courses offered please click through to the website below.